Welcome to the fifth post… and last post of this series. I hope you have enjoyed these tools that I have picked from thousands . I tried to give you some new… along with some that have been around that you might not have known about. As the new school year gets closer I have some great posts coming your way! Please ensure you do not miss one of these valuable posts covering PBL, Digital Curriculum, Web 2.0, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for 21centuryedtech by email or RSS. As always, I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on. Have a great week – Michael Gorman (21centuryedtech)
Booking Info – It is time to think about your school or conference needs. Are you looking for a practical and affordable professional development workshop for your school or conference? I have traveled the country delivering PD relating to technology integration, PBL, STEM, Digital Literacy, and the 4 C’s. I have delivered hundreds of workshops and presentations. Check out my Booking Page. Please contact me soon if you have an interest. I am almost booked through August and fall dates for 2015 are now over half full.
Read the others in the series:
Part 4: Forty Educational Websites For Your Summer 2015 Toolkit (https://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/)
- Create or download interactive presentations.
- Share content and assess in real time.
- Multi-platform, mobile devices
- Library of Content (free and inexpensive)
Share My Lesson
- Teachers create and share best resources.
- Resource bank for CCSS.
- Exchange ideas, ask for advice in Community
- Webinar series for PD credits.
- Assess the whole class
- Multiple forms of feedback including drawing (remember Infuse Learning)
- Instant feedback
- Free for students and teachers
- Real Time Intervention
My Script Live
- Write equations by hand and have it translate to text
- Music and notes handwritten and translated
- Works with touch screen or not
- View math equation’s graphical representation using Desmos or WolframAlpha.
- So much more
Eye Witness to History
- Presents history “through the perspective of those who actually lived it.”
- Ancient world through 20th century
- Film clips, audio, articles, interactives, images
- Chronological index and topical tabs
- Open platform to encourage discussion of web content
- Annotate web pages via highlighting or notes.
- Can set to “Only Me,” otherwise they are public and comments will be received.
- Coming soon?? Hypothes.is for EDU
- Share and curate learning playlists from web content.
- Create your own to share.
- Follow on Twitter and read blog for more ideas.
Scholastic Study Jams
- Simple interactive tutorials for elementary Math/Science concepts.
- Presented by Scholastic.
- Select the Kids tab for additional games and activities.
Facing History and Ourselves
- Critical thinking about history to better understand impact of choices
- Resources: Projects, Lessons, Strategies, Library
- Holocaust, Darfur, US Civil Rights, Bullying, more
- “Choosing to Participate” – importance of participating from community to world
- Have some fun understanding across generations
- English to SMS
- SMS to English
- Learn to speak with your tween or teen
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know. It might be part of what follows after 40! I hope you found this information something you can use in your school and to share with other educators. As always , I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on to someone who will benefit. To ensure you do not miss a future valuable post or other resource covering PBL,Digital Curriculum, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for21centuryedtech by email or RSS. Have a great week… enjoy the Websites! – Mike (https://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/
Coming Soon: Three Great Posts – The ABC’s of PBL and Deeper Learning, The Rest of the 40 Amazing Educational Websites, and More STEMtastic Resources. These are some wonderful posts you will not want to miss. Sign Up Now
Booking Info for Michael Gorman – Check out my Booking Page… Please contact me soon if you have an interest. I am almost booked through August and am already more than half full for fall of 2015 – Mike