Welcome to a post and the summer of 2015… at least in the USA. I have a real treat for you in the coming weeks. I will be sharing some of those websites I feel should be in every teacher’s toolbox! I have forty… maybe more… and I am sending out ten new ones in each post. Remember I am picking these from thousands and I am trying to find those sites that are up and coming and might just be the next big edtech hit. You might also notice I am also including a few sites that have been around for awhile. They include ones that I feel educators might want to be a little more aware of. I hope you enjoy and try some of these out durring the summer months. It is my way of saying happy summer! First, to ensure you do not miss one of these valuable posts or other resources covering PBL, Digital Curriculum, Web 2.0, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for 21centuryedtech by email or RSS. As always, I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on. Have a great week – Michael Gorman (21centuryedtech)
Booking Info – It is time to think about your school or conference needs. Are you looking for a practical and affordable professional development workshop for your school or conference? I have traveled the country delivering PD relating to technology integration, PBL, STEM, Digital Literacy, and the 4 C’s. I have delivered hundreds of workshops and presentations. Check out my Booking Page. Please contact me soon if you have an interest. I am almost booked through August and fall dates for 2015 are now over half full.
Part 1: Forty Educational Websites For Your Summer 2015 Toolkit
3-D Gallery Generator
- Build a museum with 10 exhibits.
- Upload your own images or enter URLs.
- Downloadable Help sheet can be used as student storyboard.
- “Blend” lesson instruction & student response
- Monitor/measure student understanding.
- Flipping, PBL, and Differentiation.
- Explore Teacher Resources, Gallery and Blog.
- “Brings awesomeness to your presentations.”
- Create animated presentations.
- “4Edu” version for teachers and students.
- Basic version free.
- In-depth reviews of 500 apps with screen shots
- Instructional ideas, comprehensive rubric
- Searchable by Operating System, Price, Subject/Grade.
- Add images, text, questions
- Gallery of FREE content to copy or customize.
- Laptop, tablet, iOS and works with most LMSs.
- English, French, Spanish, and Hebrew
- Sensitive to Copyright and Section 508 Accessibility.
- Notes automatically synchronized with video.
- Share for Interactive Discussions or keep Private.
- Integrates with Google Drive, works with YouTube, Vimeo, Khan Academy.
- From Edlab @Teachers College Columbia U.
- Video + Dialogue (Asynchronous discussions)
- Comments hyperlinked to video timeline.
- “Manage” introductory info, add guiding questions, and polls.
- Combine video content with captions & pictures.
- Add polls and/or quizzes (responses recorded).
- Mashups by teacher or students for presentations.
- Free Basic Plan for 1 group (up to 30).
- Research with Concept Maps.
- Visual interface shows connections.
- Note-taking and journals writing feature.
- Mobile app for Apple and Android.
- “Crowdsourced” interpretation of literary texts.
- Highlight text to build visual representation.
- “aesthetic provocations” invite further discussion.
- Upload your own text and define categories for interpretation.
Thank you for joining me and if you have an idea website I should include… please let me know. It might be part of what follows after 40! I hope you found this information something you can use in your school and to share with other educators. As always , I invite you to follow me on twitter (@mjgormans). Please give this post a retweet and pass it on to someone who will benefit. To ensure you do not miss a future valuable post or other resource covering PBL,Digital Curriculum, STEM, 21st century learning, and technology integration please sign up for21centuryedtech by email or RSS. Have a great week… enjoy the Websites! – Mike (https://21centuryedtech.wordpress.com/
Coming Soon: Three Great Posts – The ABC’s of PBL and Deeper Learning, The Rest of the 40 Amazing Educational Websites, and More STEMtastic Resources. These are some wonderful posts you will not want to miss. Sign Up Now
Booking Info for Michael Gorman – Check out my Booking Page… Please contact me soon if you have an interest. I am almost booked through August and am already more than half full for fall of 2015 – Mike